Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bulk Load - net enough memory error- HELP!

I have a script (SQLXML Bulk Load sp3) that runs fine on my machine (local
database) . When I change the connection to point to another machine (simila
r
hardware configuration) I get
[There is insufficient system memory to run this query.]
The script is running on my machine connecting to a MSDE database on another
machine.
The data file is 140 meg when I reduce it to 1 row (about 1k of data) it
still generates the error. I think it is a configuration issue because if I
change the connection to another development machine it works with the 140
meg file.Solution - I checked the maximum memory that the instance was set to. It was
5 meg, I increased it to 500 meg and the bulkload ran like a champ. it's a
good thing that you can use enterprise manager to manage MSDE databases....
.
"xke" wrote:

> I have a script (SQLXML Bulk Load sp3) that runs fine on my machine (local
> database) . When I change the connection to point to another machine (simi
lar
> hardware configuration) I get
> [There is insufficient system memory to run this query.]
> The script is running on my machine connecting to a MSDE database on anoth
er
> machine.
> The data file is 140 meg when I reduce it to 1 row (about 1k of data) it
> still generates the error. I think it is a configuration issue because if
I
> change the connection to another development machine it works with the 140
> meg file.
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment