Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bulk load from Access to SQL 2003

I am trying to configure a bulk table upload from a 2003 Access table to a matching table in SQL with SSIS. I can configure the source file but am unable to configure the destination. When I configure the SQL source and use SQL Native Client I get an error message of:

The selected connection manager uses an earlier version of a SQL server provider. Bulk insert requires a connection that uses a SQL server 2005 provider.

When I go through the new connection setup I don't see any available provider named like that. I believe the SQL server I am loading to is a 2003 version.

try using the ole db destination. it uses bulk loading by design.|||

Thanks, that seemed to work to pull the table up. Pushing takes forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment