Friday, February 24, 2012

BULK Insert

Hi,
I have a stored prod that's doing a bunch of BULK INSERTs. The
problem I'm having is if one the BULK INSERTs fails, then the rest of
the stored proc isn't executed. I'd like it to proceed to the end and
then I can take care of the failed section.
I don't want any transactions here. Tried using SET XACT_ABORT OFF
but didn't help.
Anybody know how to do this?
Cheers
SudheshA suggestion...break it up into pieces via a DTS package. Pieces can be
part of a transaction or not.
HTH
Jerry
"Sudhesh" <Sudhesh@.mail.com> wrote in message
news:1147986812.212738.78350@.j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have a stored prod that's doing a bunch of BULK INSERTs. The
> problem I'm having is if one the BULK INSERTs fails, then the rest of
> the stored proc isn't executed. I'd like it to proceed to the end and
> then I can take care of the failed section.
> I don't want any transactions here. Tried using SET XACT_ABORT OFF
> but didn't help.
> Anybody know how to do this?
> Cheers
> Sudhesh
>|||We'll I have over 200 tables, and I'm really scripting the code for the
SP. So breaking it up isn't really an option.
What happened to all the GURU's of SQL?
Sudhesh

No comments:

Post a Comment