Friday, February 24, 2012

Bulk insert

hi all,
I am using bulk insert to insert records from a text file to a table.
The text file contains # or comma as fieldterminator. how to handle
both the field terminators in a stored procedure.
thanks to all,
kc.Do you mean that some columns are seperated by # and some columns are
seperated by commas? Or that there's no pattern at all to the separators?
-Paul
<kc4u7@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1141886075.704092.89530@.i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> hi all,
> I am using bulk insert to insert records from a text file to a table.
> The text file contains # or comma as fieldterminator. how to handle
> both the field terminators in a stored procedure.
> thanks to all,
> kc.
>|||Hi Paul,
I am using bulk insert to transfer hugh data from a .dbf file to my sql
server table. Can you guide me in this case what shoud I specify as
fieldterminator and rowterminator?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shailesh
"Paul Nielsen (MVP)" wrote:

> Do you mean that some columns are seperated by # and some columns are
> seperated by commas? Or that there's no pattern at all to the separators?
> -Paul
>
> <kc4u7@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1141886075.704092.89530@.i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>
>|||Shailesh wrote:
> Hi Paul,
> I am using bulk insert to transfer hugh data from a .dbf file to my sql
> server table. Can you guide me in this case what shoud I specify as
> fieldterminator and rowterminator?
> Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Shailesh
>
Shailesh,
Please don't post the same question multiple times. I answered in one
of the several other threads you posted to. I'll leave you to work out
which it was! :-(
David Portas, SQL Server MVP
Whenever possible please post enough code to reproduce your problem.
Including CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements usually helps.
State what version of SQL Server you are using and specify the content
of any error messages.
SQL Server Books Online:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms130214(en-US,SQL.90).aspx
--

No comments:

Post a Comment