Friday, February 24, 2012

Bulk Import Diacritics Issue

Hi There,
When I do a bulk import from a DTS Package into a table the import fails at
record that contains diacritic characters like C, Í and E. The field type is
nvarchar.
Is it a collaction type I need to assign the field?
Do you have any idea how I can bypass this?
Thanks,
Kevin.Hi Kevin
"Kevin Humphreys" wrote:
> Hi There,
> When I do a bulk import from a DTS Package into a table the import fails at
> record that contains diacritic characters like C, Ã? and E. The field type is
> nvarchar.
> Is it a collaction type I need to assign the field?
> Do you have any idea how I can bypass this?
> Thanks,
> Kevin.
>
This seems that you need to change the codepage (-C) or specify a unicode
(-w or -N) parameters for BCP. Check in books online for the values.
John

No comments:

Post a Comment