Saturday, February 25, 2012

Bulk insert

Hi,
I want to use bulk insert using a text file to import data from it to the DB, but how can I ignore the primary keys in the text file which is in the db table.
regards,I think there is no direct way to deal with to ignore PK constraint while Bulk inserting. You need to drop them before insert and re-enable once it finishes.|||Originally posted by Satya
I think there is no direct way to deal with to ignore PK constraint while Bulk inserting. You need to drop them before insert and re-enable once it finishes.

Which will fail if this is an issue for you now...

Why not load the data to a staging table, and audit the data before dropping it in to the destination table?|||I know other solutions but I want this one because the system is a real time system and I want the fastest way which is bulk insert.

regards,

Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
Which will fail if this is an issue for you now...

Why not load the data to a staging table, and audit the data before dropping it in to the destination table?|||If you want to "skip" a field, it's in BOL under "Using a Data File with Fewer Fields"...Wait a minute, I found this in my clipboard...Am I loosing my mind, or it's the same post? Oh, I get it, Groundhog day all over...hehehehe, I know all the answers!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment