Friday, February 24, 2012

Bulk GRANT statements

On occassion I have to set close to 100 seperate
permissions on various objects, and obviously that gets
tedious with enterprise manager.
In my Oracle days I would 1) create a SELECT statement
that prints out the GRANT statements 2) output the SELECT
to a file, and 3) execute the file in the Oracle
equivalent of Sql Query Analyzer.
I know how to create the GRANT statements (1), but I dont
know how to perform 2 and 3 (or whatever is the better
method) in SQL Server 2000.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MarkOnce you have granted the permissions using Enterprise
Manager, you can output them to a file using the script
utility in the tools menu. You can then open the script,
edit it, and execute it in Query Analyzer.
Bill
>--Original Message--
>On occassion I have to set close to 100 seperate
>permissions on various objects, and obviously that gets
>tedious with enterprise manager.
>In my Oracle days I would 1) create a SELECT statement
>that prints out the GRANT statements 2) output the
SELECT
>to a file, and 3) execute the file in the Oracle
>equivalent of Sql Query Analyzer.
>I know how to create the GRANT statements (1), but I
dont
>know how to perform 2 and 3 (or whatever is the better
>method) in SQL Server 2000.
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Mark
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment